Damascus Way is seeking an Executive Director to lead our re-entry programs establishing a dynamic discipleship pathway as the basis for its future growth in reentry services.
An ideal candidate for this position possesses strong leadership skills in: 1) organizational development; 2) program design and implementation; and, 3) strategic planning. This individual must possess a passion for biblical discipleship, and an ability to influentially communicate Damascus Way’s mission to multiple stakeholders and partners.
Craig Fruen, who has led the ministry since 2011 will continue serving Damascus Way as Associate Director with a focus on managing residential and discipleship services for Damascus Way participants.
Damascus Way Reentry Center, Inc. is a Christ-centered, transitional housing ministry serving individuals exiting Minnesota correctional facilities. We offer a suite of re-entry services designed to facilitate enriching work, loving community, and stable housing all in the context of Christian discipleship.
Our current facilities in Golden Valley and Rochester, Minnesota serve 72 men in a variety of correction’s statuses. Life transformation—freedom from old lives of abuse, addiction, and dysfunction—is the driving goal of our residential services. We envision restored, thriving, responsible lives which honor God and point back to His Gospel in Jesus Christ.
Transform Minnesota Affiliate
Damascus Way Reentry Center is a subsidiary organization of Transform Minnesota: the evangelical network. Centralized business services including finance and accounting, payroll, human resource management, employee benefits, donor services, risk management and other common services are provided by the Administrative Department of Transform Minnesota.
The Executive Director works closely with the CEO, COO and Senior Accountant of Transform Minnesota. The CEO is a board member and President of Damascus Way Reentry Center.
See the Job Profile for a full description of job duties and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years leadership experience in nonprofit and related fields
- Managed people successfully; bringing together people from a variety of backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to develop and successfully implement strategic plans
- Ability to guide people through the complexities of change into growth opportunities
- Track record in implementing discipleship or transition programs
- Responsibility for financial projections, financial reports and finance-related performance metrics
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in management and governance
- Ability to collaborate and effectively interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Aptitude for verbal and written communication, presentations and relationship building
- Demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ
- Agree with and adhere to the statement of faith, core values and code of conduct for Damascus Way Reentry Center, Inc.
To apply or make a referral, email to Carl@transformmn.org, CEO of Transform Minnesota.
Applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter expressing your interest in the position, with an attached resume.