A Community of Worship, Prayer, and Discipleship in North Minneapolis
The 810 House of Prayer is a community space of Worship, Prayer, and Discipleship. We engage with our neighbors in North Minneapolis through weekly prayer walks, community meals, bible studies, youth mentorship, and special events. For our neighbors who desire greater intimacy with Jesus, we develop discipling relationships and walk together with our neighbors towards the healing of our mind, soul and community through the Power of the Truth of the Gospel revealed in the person of Jesus Christ.
We partner with the Body of Christ throughout North Minneapolis to provide basic felt needs as well as address systemic issues related to poverty and brokenness:
- After school programming for children
- Community Worship
- Community Bible Study and Prayer
- Job Skills Training/Education
- Food Programs
- Special needs: (school supplies, housing resources, etc.)
- Being the hands and feet of Jesus in the community through Service Projects
We want to develop relationships that will last an eternity.
The key passage for the project is based on:
If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
Further in this passage and also in Malachi 4, the Bible talks about the problems and cures of fatherlessness. Lives can become lawless and cursed where there is no fathering. The 810 Project wants to help North Minneapolis by providing spiritual fathers and mentors, and be an instrument of healing and reconciliation in our neighborhood. Damascus Way has a long history of helping men after prison (Over 93% of our graduates do not commit new crimes). Through developing life giving relationship that empower our youth, we hope to help our young men and women walk a path towards life and avoid decisions that result in incarceration. Please consider partnering with us in sharing God’s love in our neighborhood.
Join us! We could use your hands to pray, to work, to bless.
Volunteer your time or ask more questions by contacting Tim at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- INTERCESSORS! We need faithful saints to war with us in prayer over this neighborhood (we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but rulers, powers and authorities in the heavenly places. Our prayers have divine power to demolish strongholds!) If you are willing to be an intercessor for our outreach and discipleship, please email us at email@example.com
- DISCIPLE MAKERS/MENTORS: People are coming to Christ. We need faithful men and women to help us in the discipleship process. Will you answer the call to “Go…and make disciples?” Email us! We need help discipline adults and youth in North Minneapolis.
Give by clicking the ‘Donate’ button at the top of this page.
For more info, call Tim at 612.750.6994
When Tim and Miah sold their suburban dream home, they had nothing but faith that God would establish a “house of worship, prayer and discipleship.” The home at 810 30th Ave needed to be completely gutted and rebuilt. There was no financing, only faith. We can now look at every corner of this building and see God’s miraculous provision through our friends, family and random strangers! He truly is faithful to build His house.
Ps 127 Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.