Services we provide
Damascus Way provides room & board and programming to men newly released from Minnesota’s Prisons and Jails. Men on Probation, Parole, or Work Release spend from two months to one year at our residences.
Referrals are made to the program from prison caseworkers, parole and probation agents, prison and jail chaplains, social workers, and self-referrals. Damascus Way accepts both legally mandated and voluntary clients.
Damascus Way Minneapolis is an 18 bed residential reentry program located in Golden Valley, just west of downtown Minneapolis. The program’s suburban location is conveniently situated near two main bus lines into downtown.
The Rochester facility is a 24 bed residential reentry program serving the Tri-County area of Dodge-Fillmore-Olmsted and Southeastern MN.
The programs consists of a variety of services and functions together with 24-hour supervision and monitoring of all residents.
Weekly Programing Includes
- Weekly Accountability Group
- Room and Board, including laundry facilities
- Case Management services
- Daily and weekly spiritual groups and activities
- Employment and Housing Assistance
- Organized group recreational activities
- Individual counseling
Supervision and Monitoring Consist of:
- Monitoring facility departures and returns via a specified sign-out protocol
- Monitoring movements in the community via a specified call-in protocol
- Enforcing daily curfews
- Facility rounds and room checks
- Overnight security via bed-checks, facility alarm, and video system
- Regular drug testing via urinalysis and breathalyzer tests
- Employment hours verified by regular reviews with supervisors and pay-stubs
Successful Completion Involves:
- Completion of any mandated time or at least 60 days
- Satisfactory progress on goals
- Full-time employment
- Establishing a support network
- Being chemically free
- No major program violations in the last 14 days of the program
- Having an acceptable Release Plan